We know how stressful it can get in the run up to Christmas so reduce the seasonal worry with Hedingham and Chambers Bus and let us take you right into the heart of many town centres.
With buses running up to every 30 minutes between Colchester, Bury, Clacton Sudbury, Halstead and places in-between, our buses connect you to the places you need, to help you get ready for the festive period ahead.
Keeping everyone safe when you travel on our buses
In order for us to help you stay safe when you travel on our buses, we ask that you:
- Wear a face covering
- Bring your own hand sanitiser and sanitse hands before and after travel
- Plan ahead and avoid busy times - check out our Busy bus tracker
- Pay by contactless or in advance on our East Anglia Buses App -some tickets are even cheaper on our app!
- Sit by an open window and socially distance at all times
- Download the NHS Test and Trace app for use when moving around the towns.
Our buses undergo a rigorous weekly clean and touch points such as handrails, buttons and seat tops are wiped down daily with an anti-viral cleaner to ensure your safety on board.
Shop at a quieter time in Colchester this December
Shops will open late in Colchester on Wednesday Evenings in December to allow shoppers time to browse and purchase gifts away from the hustle and bustle of the busy crowds. This is planned to begin on Wednesday 2nd December until 23rd December 2020 ( government restrictions pending)
From Clacton and Halstead - travel with Hedingham on routes 74, X76 and 88
From Bury St Edmunds and Sudbury and the surounding areas - get there on a Boomerang with Chambers
Up to every 30 minutes for a quick connection on routes 750,753,754 and 784.
Clacton Shopping Village
This Boxing Day and New Years Day, route 137 will run between Clacton Town Centre and Clacton Shopping Village up to every 30 minutes so you can stretch your legs and enjoy a little retail therapy to awaken the mind. Please note, this service may change at the last minute should government restrictions alter during the festive period.
Stuck for gift ideas this Christmas?
You could even buy a family day return bus m-ticket and team it up with a pre-paid entry to a local attraction or place of interest.
Simply "print at home" and “Voila”! , a complete day out for the whole family to enjoy 😊
*A Family ticket is defined as a group of 5 people, with a maximum of 2 adults, 16-19 year olds count as adults.
How to purchase an m-ticket
Gift m-tickets are only available to purchase on our East Anglia Buses App
You can download the app from Google Play or Apple Store onto your smartphone or tablet
Once registered you can begin to make your purchase.
- Open up the app and select the Tickets tab at the bottom of the page
- Next select the Buy tickets at the top of the page
- Select Chambers and Hedingham network
- Choose from one of our Ticket areas– Clacton Town, Anywhere etc.
- Then choose from the family ticket Passenger type – Select from the adult dropdown at the top of the page
- Click the price button for the Ticket Type you wish to purchase
- This will then move into your basket at the bottom of your screen
- Select View basket and you will be prompted to make a payment using a debit or credit card or google/apple pay.
- Click the Tickets tab at the bottom of the page.
- You will then see the ticket you have just purchased. Click Gift and enter the recipient’s email address.
- The recipent must have a registered account on the app and if not already one of our customers, will need to download from Google Pay or Apple I store.
If you have any problems gifiting your ticket,please contact our customer services team on 03301020801 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Festive Timetable 2020/2021
The following journeys will not run on Christmas Eve or New Years Eve
- Route 4
- 2146 Burrs Road via Pier Avenue (2157) to Jaywick. 2215 Jaywick 2215 via Station Road (2233) to Burrs Road.
- Route 6A/6B
- 2150 Clacton Pier Avenue to Point Clear and 2217 Point Clear to Clacton Pier Avenue.
- Route 97/98A
- 2150 Clacton Pier Avenue to Walton and 2230 Walton to Pier Avenue
- Route 352
- 2135 Halstead to Chelmsford and 2245 Chelmsford to Halstead.
Other route changes during the festive season
Route 79 & 85
- Due to Christmas Day and New Years Day falling on a Friday, route 79 will not run but will run on Wednesday 30th December instead of route 85.
"We would like to thank you for travelling with confidence on our buses this year and helping to continue to keep everyone safe. We wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.Everyone at Hedingham Omnibuses and Chambers Bus